The Community Recycling Grant Program is not currently accepting applications. Please check back for information about the next grant round.
The Indiana Department of Environmental Management has announced the availability of grant funds to assist communities’ efforts to increase recycling and waste reduction. The Community Recycling Grant Program (CRGP) is authorized to provide grants by IC 13-20-22-2. Projects that can be funded under this program include education and promotion of recycling, waste reduction, organics management (including yard waste management and composting), and household hazardous waste collection and disposal.
Solid waste management districts (SWMDs), counties, municipalities, schools, and nonprofit organizations located in Indiana are eligible to apply for funding from the CRGP. Businesses, commercial operations, and for-profit organizations are not eligible for funding.
Projects should accomplish one or more of the following:
- Start or expand a recycling, source reduction, reuse, buy-recycled, or composting program.
- Offer a new service, collect a new material, and/or serve a new area through the establishment of a new permanent service.
- Improve efficiency and sustainability over current program practices through increased volumes of materials collected, and better processing of materials, cost savings, and resource conservation.
Funding and Match Requirements
Grants start at $500 and go up to $50,000 with a 50 percent match (please see guidelines [PDF] for specifics of match requirements).
Program and Submission Guidelines
Applicants should refer to the CRGP guidelines [PDF] for complete application requirements and submittal guidance.
Applications submitted for CRGP funding must include:
- Community Recycling Grant Program Application Package - State Form 56847 (available on the IDEM Forms page) with completed:
- Cover sheet
- Proposed budget sheet
- Quotes for service and equipment
- Proof of available funding for total project cost
- Supporting documents (letters of support, partnership agreements, location maps, etc.)
Still have questions? Please refer to the most frequently asked questions [PDF].
For more information on the CRGP please contact the IDEM Office of Program Support.