- Fish Consumption Advisories:
- The Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH), Indiana Department of Natural Resources (DNR), and the Indiana Department of Environmental Management (IDEM), with support from Purdue University, collaborate to produce an annual Indiana Fish Consumption Advisory based on the statewide collection and analysis of fish samples for long-lasting contaminants found in fish tissue, such as polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs), pesticides, and/or heavy metals (e.g., mercury)
- Mercury Switch Program (CTAP):
- Indiana law requires each motor vehicle recycler to remove all mercury switches from each end of life vehicle when it is received. IDEM will pay you $3.00 for each mercury switch and $5.00 for each ABS G-force sensor or other component containing more than 10 mg of mercury that you recycle through End of Life Vehicle Solutions (ELVS).
- Mercury Reduction Outreach for Publicly Owned Treatment Works (POTW):
- This program provides materials and resources to help you develop and implement a mercury pollutant minimization program plan.
- Mercury Thermostat Reduction and Recycling Pledge Program:
- Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) contractors can participate in this voluntary program for the free recycling of discarded mercury-containing thermostats.