Mercury Laws & Rules
- Indiana Code IC 13-20-17: Restrictions on Batteries Containing Mercury
- This law restricts the sale and distribution of batteries containing mercury.
- Indiana Code IC 13-20-17.5: Mercury and Mercury Products Law
- This law restricts the sale of mercury-added novelties, thermometers, mercury compounds, and equipment for use in school laboratories, and the general sale of mercury-containing commodities.
- Universal Waste Rule Guidance (329 IAC 3.1-16, incorporating 40 CFR 273) [PDF]
- The Universal Waste Rule is a modification of the Hazardous Waste Rules, enacted under the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), which is designed to reduce regulatory management requirements so as to foster the environmentally sound recycling or disposal of certain specified categories of commonly generated hazardous wastes.