Agency Main Banner Content
Pollution Prevention Grants
To encourage Indiana organizations to implement pollution prevention and source reduction projects and activities that will result in measurable environmental improvements.
Any entity located in Indiana is eligible to apply for P2 grants. Indiana entities include but are not limited to manufacturers, schools, not-for-profits and communities.
All applicants must be an established Indiana based entity, in compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations. Businesses must be registered with the Office of the Secretary of State. Individuals are not eligible.
Projects must meet the definition of pollution prevention, which includes:
- Any practice that (these practices are known as “source reduction”):
- Reduces the amount of any hazardous substance, pollutant or contaminant entering any waste stream or otherwise released into the environment (including fugitive emissions) prior to recycling, treatment, or disposal, and
- Reduces the hazards to public health and the environment associated with the release of such substances, pollutants, or contaminants.
- Other practices that reduce or eliminate the creation of pollutants through:
- Increased efficiency in the use of raw materials, energy, water, or other resources,
- Protection of natural resources by conservation,
- Equipment or technology modifications,
- Process or procedure modifications,
- Product reformulation or redesign,
- Substitution of raw materials,
- Improvements in housekeeping, maintenance, training or inventory control
- Or in-process recycling of wastes
Eligible projects must demonstrate measurable environmental results and cannot be initiated to meet compliance requirements.
P2 Grant funding is not suitable for projects that involve waste disposal, out-of-process recycling, waste treatment, or other activities that do not meet the definition of pollution prevention. For funding related to recycling activities, refer to the IDEM Recycling Market Development Program.
Funding and Match Requirements
Grant requests between $10,000 and $25,000 will be considered.
Applicant match must be greater than or equal to the grant amount. Equipment and Personnel costs are not eligible for grant funding, however may be considered toward the match requirement. Non-state funds, including Federal or private funds, may be used toward the match.
Program and Submission Guidelines
IDEM must receive proposals by Friday, November 1, 2019 at 11:59 PM EDT. Please refer to the Indiana Pollution Prevention (P2) Grant Program Application Guide [PDF] for complete application instructions.
Applications submitted for P2 funding must include:
- Indiana Pollution Prevention (P2) Grants Program Application - State Form 53334 (available on the IDEM Forms page)
- Drawings, Maps, and Photographs showing the project site
- Budget Information – supplemental information such as quotes for equipment and work related to the project
- Supplemental information for in-kind match as described in the “Cost Sharing or Matching” section of the P2 Grant Guide
- List of permits that will need to be obtained or amended for project
Applications may be submitted by hand or via email to the Office of Program Support P2 Grant Program
- Indiana Pollution Prevention (P2) Grant Program Application Guide [PDF]
- Indiana Pollution Prevention (P2) Grant Program Application (available on the IDEM Forms page)
- Office of the Secretary of State
- Direct Deposit Authorization Form (available on the IDEM Forms page)
- IRS W9 Form (available on the IDEM Forms page)
If you have questions about this program or need other assistance, please contact the P2 Grant Program.