Areas of Investigation: ArcelorMittal
U.S. EPA Investigation Areas (AI) at ArcelorMittal, Burns Harbor, Indiana
IDEM has permitted the construction and operation of a restricted waste landfill for ArcelorMittal Burns Harbor, LLC. which will be located at their current Burns Harbor site. IDEM has compiled information from U.S. EPA and the facility concerning materials at the site. The information is summarized below.
ArcelorMittal, Burns Harbor, Indiana
- The following items are available in the IDEM Virtual File Cabinet:
- Violation Letter (04/22/2010) per IDEM Industrial/Hazardous Waste Inspection Report for Arcelor Mittal Burns Harbor, LLC.
- Referral to Land Enforcement Section (06/23/2010) per IDEM Industrial/Hazardous Waste Inspection Report for Arcelor Mittal Burns Harbor, LLC.
- ArcelorMittal’s Proposed Deerfield Storage Facility Fact Sheet [DOC]
- ArcelorMittal Map Printable Map [PDF]