If you handle, haul or dispose of waste in Indiana, you'll need to work with IDEM to make sure you have the correct permit. Visit the links below for information about the types of activities managed through IDEM's Office of Land Quality. Our staff members are available for a more detailed discussion about specific requirements for your business and project plans. Working with IDEM to obtain the correct permit will help you stay in compliance with environmental regulations. Failing to apply for an IDEM permit or operating without the correct type of permit are violations.
- Application Forms
- IDEM Public Notices: Notices of Decision and Draft Permits
- Pending Permits:
- Issued Permits
- Land and Waste Disposal Issues
- Satellite Manure Storage Structures (SMSS)
- Solid Waste Permit Staff
- Wastewater (Septage) Program:
- The Application for a Wastewater Management Storage/Treatment Facility Permit, Application for a Wastewater Management Land Application Site Permit, and Application for Septage Management Business & Vehicle Permits can now be found on the IDEM Forms page.
- Land Application of Septage for Homeowners Guidance [PDF]
- Septage Land Application Guidance [PDF]
- Areas of Investigation: ArcelorMittal
- Confined Feeding Operations