Air Dispersion Meteorological Data
For any modeling the five most recently available years should be used. The Office of Air Quality,within the Indiana Department of Environmental Management (IDEM), has 2012 to 2016 data for the following National Weather Service Sites: Covington, Evansville, Fort Wayne, Indianapolis, Louisville and South Bend. This data is combined with the upper air stations of Wilmington, Ohio and Lincoln, Illinois. In addition, IDEM has modeling data for the Gary IITRI monitoring site with Lincoln, Illinois upper air data. These files have all been processed using AERMET version 16216r. These files have adjusted surface friction velocity ( U* ) but data without this option can be made available on request.
Most Recent Five-Year Meteorological Data
- East Central: Indianapolis, IN / Wilmington, OH [ZIP]
- Northeast: Fort Wayne, IN / Wilmington, OH [ZIP]
- Northwest: South Bend, IN / Lincoln, IL [ZIP]
- South Central: Louisville, KY / Wilmington, OH [ZIP]
- Southeast: Covington, KY / Wilmington, OH [ZIP]
- Southwest: Evansville, IN / Lincoln, IL [ZIP]
- West Central: Indianapolis, IN / Lincoln, IL [ZIP]
For archived historical meteorological data contact the Office of Air Quality.