- Indiana Department of Veteran Affairs
- IDVA - Office for Women Veterans Visit their Facebook too!
- Center for Women Veterans
- Military Spouse Resource Center
- Veterans' Employment and Training Service (VETS)
- National WASP World War II Museum
- United States Department of Veterans Affairs
- Let's Say Thanks in support of our Troops
- Women Veterans Health Care
- Star Behavioral Health Providers
- VA Creates Women Veterans Call Center
- Joining Forces for Women Veterans Summit Toolkit from the Business and Professional Women's Foundation
- Joining Forces for Women Veterans by Business and Professional Women Foundation
- REALifelines: Veterans' Employment and Career Transition Advisor
Hoosier Women Speak 2.0
The Indiana Commission for Women developed Hoosier Women Speak in 2011 to identify key issues facing women, understand critical needs women and communities perceive as important, build trust with constituents and build relationships with regional partners.Between February and May 2011, the first phase, Hoosier INsight, was a series of seventeen regional listening sessions and accompanying online survey that categorized critical issues affecting women regionally and statewide. The facilitated conversations with constituents across Indiana helped to prioritize challenges women face and developed partnerships with key stakeholders to create a coordinated effort to move Indiana women forward.
The issues discussed were narrowed to the top five issues, which were:
- Health-related issues
- Work-based issues
- Care giving
- Violence against women
For more information about the 2011 Hoosier Women Speak, go to: https://www.in.gov/icw/2441.htm
These discussions can foster a process that engages women and community stakeholders in identifying challenges women face and positive solutions to those challenges. The results can contribute to a better understanding of women's specific needs, to improve communication of those needs and to better recognize ways to remove barriers. They can also assist in informing leaders at the local, county and state levels of important challenges affecting women both regionally and statewide, in expanding coalitions and in building capacity to work across networks to improve outreach efforts.
If your community or group is interested in scheduling someone from ICW to present the Hoosier Women Speak findings or in hosting a listening session, please contact the Indiana Commission for Women at (317) 232-6720 or email@example.com.