Closed Institutions & Student Records
The Indiana State Archives maintains academic transcripts submitted by closed proprietary educational institutions: for-profit business, trade, and vocational schools regulated by the Indiana Board for Proprietary Education. To learn more about requesting a student transcript from one of those schools, visit our List of Defunct Proprietary Institutions.
To locate student records for other defunct school types, please see the instructions below.
- Bible institutions and colleges: Please contact the institution, church, or diocese regarding institutional status and student records. Generally, these institutions are not regulated by the Board of Proprietary Education.
- Elementary and secondary schools (through grade 12): Please contact your local school corporation or the Indiana Department of Education.
- GED transcripts: Please contact Diploma Sender. You may email questions concerning your GED transcript to support at diplomasender.com.
- Indiana private colleges and universities: Please contact the institution. A listing is available via the Independent Colleges of Indiana.
- Indiana public colleges and universities: Please contact the institution, as all remain in operation. A listing is available via the Indiana Commission for Higher Education.
- Non-degree granting post-secondary schools: Please contact the Indiana Department of Workforce Development, Office for Career and Technical Schools.
- Professional licensing institutions: Please contact the Indiana Professional Licensing Agency.