Indiana Archives and Records Administration Policies
These are the policies of the Archives and Records Administration, as approved by the Oversight Committee on Public Records. Any text within the policies that refers to the former Commission on Public Records should be taken as applicable to the Archives and Records Administration.
Note: the files below are in pdf format and require the free Adobe Acrobat Reader software to view/print.
- 02-01: Accession Policy of the Indiana State Archives
- 03-01: Policy on Transfer of Records Subject to State Board of Accounts Audit Requirements
- 05-02: Use of Records In the Indiana State Archives (rev. 7/24/2019)
- 05-03: Fees For Services
- 06-01: Acceptability of Electronic Media In Lieu Of Paper For Non-Archival Records With A Retention of Ten Years or Less
- 09-01: Master Rolls (Original Negatives) of County Permanent Microfilm
- 12-01: Electronic Records Policy
- 14-01: Oversight Committee Member Meeting Participation by Electronic Communication (rev. 7/24/2019)
- Indiana Administrative Code 60 IAC 1.1 (Administrative Rule on use of state agency records to collect religious information or create lists for commercial or charitable solicitation.)
- Indiana Administrative Code 60 IAC 2 (The Oversight Committee on Public Records has adopted 60 IAC 2 as the standard for microfilming of public records.)
- 05-01: E-Mail Policy -- Replaced by Policy 12-01.