Online HRC Account
Go to: the Indiana Horse Racing Commission online licensing page. For best results when applying online, please use Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox or Safari. If you’re using Internet Explorer please be aware you may encounter compatibility issues.
User Profile Setup (Skip to next step if you already have an account – simply login using your email address and password)
- Once you have clicked “Need to Register” to create your profile ID and password, you will be asked if you already have an IHRC license number. Click ‘yes’ if you know your number. You can also find your IHRC license number on an old license badge or on the envelope label used to send this letter – check above your name. If you don’t know your number, click ‘no’.
- Once you enter the requested information you will receive a confirmation e-mail – please verify your account (note, this could take up to 20 minutes).
- After verifying your email account, you will be able to log in with your username (which should be your verified e-mail address) and the password you just created.
Applying for a License
- Once logged in, you will arrive at a portal page with information regarding online licensing. Should you need help in determining what type of license you need, please click on the second bullet item under the ‘Let’s get started…’ section.
- Upon completion of your online application, you will be prompted for payment. You have two payment options (remember, a convenience fee is charged to use the finish and pay now option):
- Option #1 – finish and pay later (send payment of check or money order through the mail or visit the licensing office to pay); or
- Option #2 – finish and pay now (pay using a credit/debit card or e-check).
Choose a payment option and enter the requested information. Please note: IHRC review of applications received from those who choose to pay later will not begin until payment has been received. Once payment has been made there will be no refunds.
Note regarding paper applications: If you wish, you may download a paper copy of our forms. You may also call either racetrack license office to request an application be mailed to you.