Toll House - Michigan Road
Location: 4702 N. Michigan Road/US 421, Indianapolis. (Marion County, Indiana)
Erected by the National Society of Colonial Dames of America in the State of Indiana, 1961
ID# : 49.1961.3
Learn more about the forced removal of the Potawatomi to create the Michigan Road through the Indiana History Blog.
Operated by Augusta Gravel Road Co., circa 1866-1892. First major state road, built in the 1830's, from the Ohio River to Lake Michigan.
Transportation, Business, Industry, and Labor