Corner of Indiana
Location: SR 120, Clear Lake (Steuben County, Indiana)
Marker No Longer Standing. Replaced by 76.2000.1 Indiana’s Northern Boundary Line.
Erected by Indiana Sesquicentennial Commission, 1966
(3 miles north-east)
Located by Surveyor William Harris in 1817. Ten miles north of the original Indiana-Michigan Territorial line of 1805, the new state boundary gave Indiana frontage on Lake Michigan.
Geography, Early Settlement