Location: Old Lighthouse Museum in Washington Park, Michigan City, IN 46260 (LaPorte County)
Marker No Longer Standing. Replaced by local marker
Installed: Erected by Indiana Sesquicentennial Commission, 1966
Marker Review Report: Learn more here.
Built on the water’s edge, 1858, by the United States Government. One of the first lights on the Great Lakes. Harriet E. Colfax was the tender from 1853-1903. Remodelled 1904, electrified 1933, discontinued 1960.
Buildings and architecture, navigation