Location: SW corner of E. Main & NE 2nd Streets, Washington. (Daviess County, Indiana)
Erected 1999 Indiana Historical Bureau and Daviess County Visitors Bureau.
ID# : 14.1999.1
Built on this site by civilians to protect approximately ten families during War of 1812. Named for landowner David Flora. Ten such forts were built circa 1811-1813 in area that became Daviess County. Area was Knox County, part of Indiana Territory 1800-1816. Daviess County was carved out of Knox County 1817, following Indiana's statehood 1816.
Military, Early Settlement and Exploration