Location: Near 513 E. Church Street across from post office, New Harmony. (Posey County, Indiana)
Erected by Indiana Sesquicentennial Commission, 1966
ID# : 65.1966.1
Location of two attempts at communal living: The Harmonists under Reverend George Rapp, 1814-1825, and the Owenites under philanthropist Robert Owen, 1825-1826. New Harmony remained, an important cultural center for many, years thereafter.
Historic District, Neighborhoods, and Towns