Former U.S. Arsenal
Location: West edge of Arsenal Technical High School Campus, near Michigan St. and Arsenal Ave., just north of the Guardhouse, Indianapolis. (Marion County, Indiana)
Presented by the Military Order of World Wars, May 11, 1976
ID# : 49.1976.1
Established by an Act of Congress in 1862, this arsenal furnished munitions for U.S. Forces until 1903. It became the home of Arsenal Technical High School in 1912.