Cedar Hill Cemetery
Location: E. Summit & N. Maple Streets, Corydon. (Harrison County, Indiana)
Erected 1966 by Cedar Hill Cemetery Committee
ID# : 31.1966.4
First burials date back to founding of Corydon 1808. Col. Thomas L. Posey, a public minded citizen, donated the original ground to the Town of Corydon for burial purposes. The Farquar family added a small addition and the remainder of the cemetery was part of the Kintner-McGrain farm of Cedar Glade. Cemetery contains graves of veterans of all wars starting with the American Revolution; also graves of Confederate soldiers killed or died following Battle of Corydon, July 9, 1863. Maintained by Town of Corydon.