April 12, 2006 - Indiana State Prison
Indiana State Prison (10.2006.1)
Clark County, Indiana
View the annotated text for this marker.
Side 1 of the marker.
Side 2 of the marker.
The Indiana State Prison historical marker was dedicated April 12, 2006 .
The Colgate Company purchased the state prison building from the State of Indiana in 1921.
The Colgate Company moved the giant clock from New Jersey to Clarksville and placed it on top of the factory building in 1924.
The historical marker is located near the corner of South Clark Boulevard and Woerner Avenue, across the street from the building that served as the Indiana State Prison from 1847 to 1921.
Seventy-six people attended the dedication of the Indiana State Prison historical marker.
Jane Sarles, the marker applicant, unveiled the historical marker.