Close Menu

Correct/Amend a Death Certificate

To make changes to a death certificate, you will need to contact the funeral director who filed the original certificate to request the necessary changes.

The funeral director must make the changes, sign, and refile the amended certificate. The medical certifier must also sign the amended certificate. If the original signatures cannot be obtained, a court order is required.