ISDH Available Internship Opportunities
A new opportunity for internships has become available April 20th. Please see below!
Internship Name: Farm to School Intern Position
Division: Division of Nutrition and Physical Activity
Summary of Position:
The intern position(s) (one to four interns) will assist the Indiana Grown for Schools Network in the writing, formatting, and completion of the Indiana Farm to School Toolkits. The toolkits are broken up into the pillars of the Farm to School program, following the National Farm to School Network’s (NFSN) breakdown: Ag and Nutrition Education, Procurement, School Gardens, and Farm to Early Care and Education (ECE). The intern/s will work with the Community Food Systems and Farm to School Coordinator at the Indiana Department of Health (IDOH) within the Division of Nutrition and Physical Activity (DNPA). In addition to toolkit formation, the intern(s) will have the ability to attend meetings and conferences when appropriate.
We are looking for anywhere between one and four interns to work on this project depending on intern time availability.
- Ag and Nutrition Education
- School Gardens
- Farm to ECE
- Research and consolidate a variety of information available through publicly available sources for the construction of Indiana Farm to School Toolkit content and resources.
- Draft and edit respective toolkits alongside the respective Indiana Grown for Schools Network project team/s assigned to the topic area.
- Format and design the toolkit layout with the Community Food Systems and Farm to School Coordinator.
- Attend Indiana Grown for Schools Network Steering Committee meetings and relevant Project Team meetings.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and complete multiple projects.
- Strong research and synthesis skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Be in an undergraduate or graduate nutrition, dietetics and/or public health related program at a college or university
- Interest or background in designing documents and graphics is a plus
Difficulty of Work:
Intern refers to publicly available information and knowledge and skills obtained through public health guides from credible sources such as the United States Department of Agriculture Food and Nutrition Services, National Farm to School Network, and other state government websites to help guide research activities and data collection.
Work involves creating and analyzing Farm to School information that is used in program implementation throughout the state of Indiana. This will also involve ensuring that the information is relevant to the Hoosier audience. This work supports the Indiana Grown for Schools 5-year strategic plan, the IDOH mission, and the 2018 and 2020 USDA Farm to School Grants awarded to the Division of Nutrition and Physical Activity.
Personal Work Relationships:
The intern will work with various DNPA staff, the Indiana Grown for Schools Network Steering Committee and Project Teams, external stakeholders, and other health professionals.
This intern will work remote 100% of the time, including DNPA, IGFSN, and project team calls.
Please submit your application via this link: https://arcg.is/Ly08r Questions about this internship can be directed to Megan Paskey (email@example.com). Preference will be given to applications turned in by 5pm on May 7, 2021.
The Other IDOH Summer 2021 Internship Opportunties Have Been Filled.
Are you interested in knowing when new opportunities for internships post? Join the IDOH Internship and Fellowship distribution list. We send out periodic reminders and updates 4-6 times a year of current IDOH internship and fellowship opportunities. Sign-up here: IDOH Internship and Fellowship Email List
IDOH accepts internship applications during 3 windows. Students can find the available internships and application information on this webpage during the following 3 windows of time. Due to the varied nature of the program areas hosting interns and the internship opportunities themselves, there are no set due dates for each application. IDOH closes applications upon the request of the hiring manager. Please submit your applications as soon as possible to be considered.
Fall Internships - (Students at IDOH approximately August-December) :
Interns may apply – Late summer
Spring Internships – (Students at IDOH approximately January-May):
Interns may apply – Late Fall
Summer Internships – (Students at IDOH approximately June-August)
Interns may apply - Late February - Early March