Title V Block Grant Needs Assessment
The Indiana Department of Health (IDOH) in partnership with Diehl Consulting Group has conducted the Title V statewide 5-year needs assessment. This has allowed us to better understand current statewide programming for maternal and child health including children and youth with special health care needs, adolescents, and families. It also allowed us to identify gaps, barriers, and opportunities for growth as we collectively aim to improve the health of Hoosiers.
- Every five years, the IN Title V Program at IDOH is required to complete a comprehensive statewide needs assessment to better understand the health status of women, adolescents, infants, children - including children with special health care needs - and their families in the State of Indiana.
- Since 1935, the Title V Federal-State partnership has promoted women and children’s health by providing grant funding to improve state and local systems to meet the needs of this population. Title V funding supports interventions that lead to improved pregnancy outcomes, positive youth development, and children's health and well-being.
- To learn more about the Title V Block Grant, visit the national Title V homepage.
- The results of this needs assessment are used to identify statewide priorities and enable us to make targeted improvements in our outreach.
- We are committed to ensuring that all of Indiana’s women, adolescents, children, their families, and their communities are able to reach their fullest potential and continue to thrive.
- Conducted a partner survey with 347 responses;
- Conducted 25 focus groups with a total of 168 participants;
- Conducted a statewide survey with over 5,000 responses!
- We are dedicated to sharing our findings that we discover with our partners, stakeholders, community, and the public. We have involved many of you in the process to learn more about the health and well-being of mothers, children, children with special health care needs, teenagers, and families across the Hoosier state.
Title V Needs Assessment Data
Needs Assessment Presentation
Needs Assessment Data Fact Sheets
- Women/Maternal Health
- Perinatal/Infant Health
- Child Health
- Children and Youth with Special Healthcare Needs
- Adolescent Health
Title V Public Input Suvey
To provide your input on Indiana's Priorities, National Performance Measures, and State Performance measures, please take the Title V Public Input Survey!
Sign up HERE if you would like to participate in meetings on our cross-cutting measures:
- Mental Social, and Emotional Health
- Data Sharing and Dissemination
- Family and Youth Engagement
- Health Disparities and Inequities
Title V Notice of Funding Opportunity
CLick HERE to learn more about the Title V Notice of Funding Opportunity.