Advance your career in a dynamic and energized environment
with the Indiana Department of Health!
With a vision that every Hoosier reaches optimal health regardless of where they live, learn, work, or play, the Indiana Department of Health (IDOH) works to promote, protect, and improve the health and safety of all Hoosiers. A career with IDOH offers stimulating and challenging work. We are always seeking qualified individuals who are passionate about public health and want to make a direct and positive impact on the daily lives of Hoosiers. Typical positions include, but are not limited to and are subject to availability at this time:
Public Health Nurse Surveyor
Public Health Administrator
The State of Indiana offers a comprehensive benefit package for full-time employees which includes:
- Three (3) medical plan options (including RX coverage) and vision/dental coverages
- Wellness program (offers premiums discount for the medical plan)
- Health savings account (includes bi-weekly state contribution)
- Deferred compensation account (similar to 401k plan) with employer match
- Two (2) fully funded pension plan options
- Group life insurance
- Employee assistance program that allows for covered behavioral health visits
- Paid vacation, personal and sick time off
- Competitive leave policies covering a variety of employee needs
- 12 company paid holidays, 14 on election years
- Qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- New Parent Leave
- Free Parking
- Free LinkedIn Learning
- Click here for more info!
At the State of Indiana, we don’t just talk about diversity and inclusion – Our goal is to create a welcoming, accessible, and equitable workplace, with a workforce that is representative of the State of Indiana population. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Visit workforindiana.in.gov for additional State of Indiana employment opportunities!