Info Agency Main Banner Content
Welcome to GIS in Indiana!
Indiana benefits from an engaged, enthusiastic, and cooperative community of GIS practitioners working in all parts of the state. Our GIS community is governed by a structure that blends government-based statutory responsibilities of the Indiana Geographic Information Office (GIO) with the grass roots participation of the Indiana Geographic Information Council, a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation, and that has resulted in a wide range of projects and activities that contribute to the well being of Hoosiers, including:
- The IndianaMap portal and geospatial data viewer
- A statewide refresh of high resolution orthoimagery
- For the first time ever, statewide LiDAR
- Improvement of Indiana’s National Hydrography Dataset based on local resolution data
- An unprecedented model of data sharing between state government and 92 of our 92 (100%) counties
These exceptional achievements are presented on our web pages along with other valuable information about GIS in Indiana. Please drop a line to let us know how we can help you!
Megan R.L. Compton
Indiana Geographic Information Officer