1. Family Caregiver Alliance supports and sustains the important work of families nationwide caring for loved ones with lifelong, disabling health conditions.
For more information, click here or call 1-800-445-8106
2. AARP Family CaregivingTM provides a broad range of information including everything from caregiving basics to financial and legal resources to tips for caregiver life balance. Visit the AARP Caregiver Resource Center or call 1-877-333-5885 to learn more.
3. Well Spouse Association is here to help spouses connect to other individuals who may be living with a spouse with the same aging or health-related problems.
Their hotline is 1-800-260-3274
For more information on Well Spouse Association, please visit Well Spouse Association.
4. National Family Caregivers Association is devoted to addressing the common needs and concerns of all family caregivers while also publishing dementia caregiver tip sheets. For more information, visit the National Family Caregivers Association.
5. The Alzheimer’s Association and the Alzheimer’s Foundation of America is here to help all individuals affected by dementia and Alzheimer’s disease. For information and resources, visit the Alzheimer’s Association and the Alzheimer’s Foundation of America.
For a 24/7 helpline, call 1-800-272-3900
6. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke helps to provide leading research on all neurological disorders, including dementia. For more information on dementia, including the prognosis, treatments, clinical trials, and more visit National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke.
7. Caring.com features online support groups for caregivers to give advice and get tips and support. For more information, visit Caring.com Online Support Groups.
We understand that caring for a loved one can be hard, but we’re here to help! Throughout Indiana, there are programs and services to support caregivers. We have listed resources below to help you be the best caregiver you can be.