FSSA guidance for various programs and stakeholders regarding COVID-19
FSSA continues to issue news and update guidance to program partners and stakeholders regarding many of the programs it oversees as our state responds to the COVID-19 pandemic. Below are links to current guidance:
- Announcing: Coronavirus relief funds available for providers (May 22, 2020)
- Changes to Indiana health coverage application processing during public health emergency (May 19, 2020)
- COVID-19 multi-language resource available from Luna (April 1, 2020)
- The COVID-19 Daily Digest – the latest scientifically sound information on COVID-19 curated by Indiana’s nationally-recognized thought leaders and researchers. (April 6, 2020)
Division of Aging
- Considerations for senior center and congregate nutrition site re-opening (July 1, 2020)
- Updated - Frequently asked questions regarding COVID-19 response Indiana area agencies on aging and providers (May 18, 2020)
- AARP and Division of Aging tele-town hall reference resource (May 8, 2020)
- Modification to incident reporting guidelines for assisted living providers during COVID-19 (April 13, 2020)
- COVID-19 reporting for long-term care facilities (April 13, 2020)
- Provider hiring requirements during COVID-19 (April 8, 2020)
- Updated - Guidance for assisted living/residential care facilities mitigation strategies (April 7, 2020)
This document is a guidance for mitigation strategies to reduce the spread of infection in facilities with a resident who is confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19. The document includes general principles, personal protective equipment guidance, staffing recommendations and guidance for facilities and medical providers. Please use this guidance as applicable for the health and safety of your residents and staff.
- Division of Aging COVID-19 helpful resource links (April 6, 2020)
- COVID-19 guidance for hospital discharge to long-term care facilities (April 2, 2020)
- This document is to provide guidance to long-term care facilities about discharging, admitting and readmitting a resident from a hospital who has presumed or confirmed COVID-19.
- COVID-19 resources for older adults and their families (April 2, 2020)
- Adult day notice of mandatory facility closure (March 30, 2020)
- Webinars for families and caregivers (March 27, 2020)
- Staying connected during COVID-19 pandemic (March 27, 2020)
- Infection control guidance for home care providers concerning COVID-19 (March 25, 2020)
- COVID-19 revised guidance for visitation (March 15, 2020)
Division of Disabilities and Rehabilitative Services
- COVID-19 visual communications card for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing population (April 30, 2020)
- COVID-19 reporting in congregate residential settings supported by BDDS
- Webinar: Managing Life During the Pandemic Part 2 (April 7, 2020)
- Guidance to families on COVID-19 Temporary Policy Changes (April 3, 2020)
- Guidance on the Provision of Case Management and COVID-19 (April 3, 2020)
- HANDS in Autism resources for COVID (March 31, 2020)
- Family as paid caregivers, COVID-19 and Appendix K (March 30, 2020)
- Provider webinar – Temporary policy changes related to COVID-19 and Appendix K (March 30, 2020)
- FSSA launches Hoosiers Serving Hoosiers service to connect job seekers with ways to support Hoosiers needing direct support services and child care (March 30, 2020)
- ISDH webinar – COVID-19 infection control in assisted living and home-based residential services (March 30, 2020)
- Webinars for families and caregivers (March 27, 2020)
- Temporary COVID-19 direct support professional essential training requirements
- Interim guidance: Vocational Rehabilitation employment services (March 26, 2020)
- COVID-19 family guidance (March 20, 2020)
- Division of Disability and Rehabilitative Services offices to close to the public to protect the health and safety of clients and staff (March 20, 2020)
- Provider webinar – COVID-19 updates and guidance (March 19,2020)
- First Steps COVID-19 policies (March 16, 2020)
- Bureau of Developmental Disabilities Services General Guidance during COVID-19 pandemic (March 13, 2020)
Division of Family Resources
- Online purchasing now available for SNAP recipients in Indiana (June 3, 2020)
- Many Hoosier families to receive Pandemic EBT (May 19, 2020)
- Operation food (May 12, 2020)
- Information needed for health coverage applications at COVID-19 testing sites (May 4, 2020)
- Hearings and appeals frequently asked questions (May 1, 2020)
- DFR policy changes and actions (April 17, 2020)
- Indiana SNAP recipients will begin receiving maximum benefit amounts next week (April 3, 2020)
- New statewide map available for Hoosiers seeking food assistance during COVID-19 pandemic (March 27, 2020)
- Food assistance availability map (March 27, 2020)
- FSSA calls on Indiana food pantries to stay open and keep serving Hoosiers (March 23, 2020)
- Division of Family Resources offices to close to the public indefinitely to protect the health and safety of clients and staff (March 20, 2020)
Division of Mental Health and Addiction
- Indiana ASAM designated residential treatment facilities directory (April 28, 2020)
- Update on Psychological First Aid Training (March 26,2020)
- Child Mental Health Wraparound service delivery related to the COVID-19 pandemic (March 24, 2020)
- Modification to ASAM 3.5 (March 21, 2020)
- Additional Psychological First Aid trainings scheduled in response to COVID-19 epidemic and participation expanded (March 18,2020)
- Indiana to offer Psychological First Aid training in response to COVID-19 epidemic (March 16, 2020)
- State to allow opioid treatment programs the use of lockboxes; provide naloxone to help reduce spread of COVID-19 (March 16, 2020)
- COVID-19 (coronavirus) guidance for mental health care providers (March 12, 2020)
Office of Early Childhood and Out-of-School Learning
- Child Care Closure Assistance Grant provides assistance to a program if a program has closed due to a confirmed COVID-19 case which requires closure of a classroom or facility.
- Grants will be awarded to programs for the purpose of continuing to regularly pay child care staff and maintain operations for the time period of the required COVID-19 closure.
- This grant should cover the cost of lost revenue during closure from children who are funded through private pay/cash pay.
* Providers must have been temporarily closed during the time period of this grant because of a confirmed COVID-19 case of a person affiliated with the facility.
- Providers must be eligible to receive CCDF
- For purposes of this grant, total grant awards will be capped at $20,000
Note: The grant will be evaluated every two weeks to see if funding is still available to continue. Please check the website regularly!
Instructions/tutorial for the Child Care Closure Assistance Grant application (August 17, 2020) - Please read these instructions before applying for the Child Care Closure Assistance Grant!
- The Child Care Closure Assistance Grant application for the weeks of September 7, 2020 – September 20, 2020 is now available and the application can be found by clicking here.
- Note: If a Child Care Closure Assistance Grant period has closed please contact Rene Withers at email@example.com to request a review for an exception to apply.
Please note: Temporary Assistance Grants have ended! The final grant period was for the weeks of July 13, 2020 – July 25, 2020.
- All applicants can check status of applications by logging back into Submittable and following the instructions/tutorial posted!
- Please check your junk/spam emails for communications and approvals from Submittable
- Child Care Closure Assistance Grant applications cover a two week time period. Applications will be posted one grant period at a time, new grants will post once the prior grant closes. The grant period that is currently posted and subsequent grant periods will close on the dates listed on the chart below:
Child Care Closure Assistance Grant
Grant closes at 6 p.m. EDT Payment July 27, 2020 - August 8, 2020 August 11, 2020 August 19, 2020 August 10, 2020 - August 22, 2020 August 26, 2020 September 2, 2020 August 24, 2020 - September 5, 2020 September 8, 2020 September 16, 2020 September 7, 2020 - September 19, 2020 September 23, 2020 September 30, 2020 September 21, 2020 - October 3, 2020 October 7, 2020 October 14, 2020 October 5, 2020 - October 17, 2020 October 21, 2020 October 28, 2020 October 19, 2020 - October 31, 2020 November 4, 2020 November 11, 2020
- School Age Exemption Guidance (August 21, 2020)
- School Corporation and Entity Agreement Guidance
- MOU Template
- COVID-19 nebulizer guidance (August 4, 2020)
- Updated child care guidance (July 31, 2020)
- COVID-19 updates Recorded webinar (May 26, 2020)
- Guidance for child cares - What to do when you have a COVID positive (July 21, 2020)
- Guidance for school age programs (June 23, 2020)
- Guidance for school age summer camp programs (May 22, 2020)
- Reference material regarding mandatory versus recommended practices during COVID-19 in child care licensing (May 22, 2020)
- TB testing guidelines (May 15,2020)
- All OECOSL COVID-19 updates
- General supplies (May 1, 2020)- OECOSL will provide updates to general suppliers who have indicated they are able to provide various supplies.
- Other local resources for providers (May 1, 2020)- local resources including funding or other local supports offered at the county level.
- PPE supplies (April 30, 2020)- OECOSL has collected a list of supplier who have been able to provide specific supplies, such as sanitizers, thermometers and cleaning supplies. OECOSL will update this list as it continues to expand.
- Indy Chamber Rapid Response Hub (April 30, 2020)- The Indy Chamber has created the Rapid Response Hub in response to the COVID-19 Pandemic. The Rapid Response Hub houses a plethora of resources, information and supports for small business and is applicable to small businesses across the state.
- CPR certification and renewal (April 30, 2020)
- COVID-19 and Temporary Assistance Grant updates Recorded webinar (April 17, 2020)
- Extra clothing policy notification template (April 23, 2020)
- Updated guidance for child care providers (March 20,2020)
- Update on Medicaid policy changes re: COVID-19 (updated July 28, 2020)
- IHCP pharmacy benefit changes in response to the COVID-19 public health emergency (June 30, 2020)
- Update on Medicaid policy changes re: COVID-19 (April 1, 2020)
- IHCP temporarily revises prior authorization processes for acute care hospital inpatient admissions (April 1, 2020)
- IHCP temporarily removes prior authorization for certain durable medical equipment or home medical equipment supplies and services (April 1, 2020)
- Indiana submits Section 1135 waiver to federal government to support the delivery of health care during national emergency (March 20, 2020)
- IHCP issues telemedicine billing guidance for providers during COVID-19 outbreak (March 19, 2020)
- Indiana Medicaid allows telemedicine and telephone options for most health care and mental health interactions (March 19, 2020)
- IHCP to cover COVID–19 diagnostic testing without co-pays for members (March 11, 2020)
Office of Medicaid Policy & Planning
FSSA also continues to share daily updates from the Indiana State Department of Health with stakeholders and subscribers. The most up-to-date information from ISDH can be found here.