Home- and Community-Based Services
Effective March 17, 2014, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services have issued regulations that define the settings in which it is permissible for states to pay for Medicaid Home- and Community-Based Services. The purpose of these regulations is to ensure that individuals receive Medicaid HCBS in settings that are integrated and that support full access to the greater community. This includes opportunities to seek employment and work in competitive and integrated settings, engage in community life, control personal resources, and receive services in the community to the same degree as individuals who do not receive HCBS. These changes will maximize the opportunities for participants in HCBS programs to have access to the benefits of community living and to receive services in the most integrated setting.
The federal citation for the new rule is 42 CFR 441.301(c) (4)-(5), and Section 441.710(a)(1)(2). More information on the rules can be found on the CMS website at: CMS Home- and Community-Based Services.
For questions regarding HCBS, please email: DMHAAdultHCBS@fssa.IN.gov.
- Consumer rights for clients of 1915(i) programs 4/13/21
- Non-POCO residential settings 4/13/21
- HCBS 1915i infection control guidance concerning Covid-19 5/4/20
- Non-POCO setting assessment information 2/27/19
- Non-POCO residential setting worksheet 2/27/19
- Non-CMHC POCO setting assessment information 2/26/18
- Non-CMHC POCO residential setting assessment worksheet 2/26/18
- Member information pamphlet 7/19
- Member information pamphlet brochure 7/19
- HCBS residential setting screening tool (RSST) 7/1/19
- SFY22 annual webinar 12/1/2021
- Big 5 / POCO 5 12/14/2021
- HCBS Adult 1915i setting types 1/21/22
- RSST Training 9/24/2021
- SFY21 HCBS Final Rule Review and Updates 4/8/21
- Indiana Council HCBS webinar 10/30/17
- HCBS compliance and modifications provider training 11/18/16
- HCBS compliance and modifications provider training Q and A 11/18/16
- HCBS updates SFY 2018 6/8/17
Slides available upon request at firstname.lastname@example.org or 317.232.7800.
Rules and regulations