This is a forum for the Division of Mental Health and Addiction Youth Services to deliver providers and agencies announcements regarding upcoming events, new policies, service programs and other information that may impact the state's intensive alternative community-based service programs, providers or service delivery.
Sign-up to receive up-to-date information and announcements by clicking here.
DMHA access site focus group final wrap-up
The DMHA Access Site Final Wrap-up meeting was held on May 22, 2019. If you were not able to attend you can find the PowerPoint presentation below. For any questions, comments or concerns please contact email@example.com
Intermediate Wraparound Training Cohort 21
July 31 - August 1, 2019, 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. EDT for both days.
Indiana Government Center South
302 W. Washington Street
Conference Room C
Indianapolis, IN 46204
About the event:
Intermediate Wraparound is for those who have been approved as Wraparound Facilitators or Wraparound Facilitator Supervisors under the Children’s Mental Health Wraparound Program CMHW.
You must have completed the Introduction to Wraparound and Engagement in Wraparound trainings in order to attend this training.
This is the third training in the series for frontline wraparound practitioners and supervisors to enhance their skills and move toward higher quality practice. Common implementation challenges are addressed in this training; however, topics can be adjusted based on individual, organizational, or state need. Through attendance at this training, participants will be able to:
- Practice and utilize tools in telling and reframing the family story
- Pull out specific and individualized functional strengths for use in the planning process Identify underlying needs of the youth and caregiver
- Practice developing outcome statements and strategies that tie back to the reason for referral and address underlying needs moving the family closer to attaining their vision
Reminder - Incident report training deadline approaching
Effective July 1, 2018 incident report training is required for all CMHW providers. This training must be completed yearly. Providers have until June 30, 2019 to complete the IR training for FY 2018-2019. If you attended one of the in-person trainings that were held in the summer of 2018 or have viewed the online incident report webinar and taken the associated quiz you have fulfilled this requirement.
At this time no additional in-person IR trainings are scheduled. Therefore, to fulfill this requirement and meet the deadline all CMHW providers must view the webinar and take the online quiz. Links to the webinar, quiz and PowerPoint of the webinar can be found here. If you have not completed this training, please take some time in the next few weeks to do so.
You will be required to include documentation of completion of this training with your application for reauthorization as proof of Continuing Education hours.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Child Mental Health Wraparound 2019 training dates
The Division of Mental Health and Addiction Youth Team has scheduled Child Mental Health Wraparound 2019 training dates for new providers of habilitation training and support for the unpaid caregiver; and booster training for currently authorized habilitation, unpaid caregiver and respite providers. Currently authorized and enrolled providers may register for training at the links provided below.
Questions may be submitted to DMHAYouthServices@fssa.in.gov.
|March 25, 2019||New habilitation and unpaid caregiver providers||Fort Wayne||By invitation*|
|March 26, 2019||Booster for enrolled providers||Fort Wayne||Self-registration|
|June 19, 2019||New habilitation and unpaid caregiver providers||Vincennes||By invitation*|
|June 20, 2019||Booster for enrolled providers||Vincennes||Self-registration|
|Aug. 14, 2019||Booster for enrolled providers||Lawrenceburg||Self-registration|
|Aug. 15, 2019||New habilitation and unpaid caregiver providers||Lawrenceburg||By invitation*|
|Oct. 29, 2019||New habilitation and unpaid caregiver providers||Elkhart||By invitation*|
|Oct. 30, 2019||Booster for enrolled providers||Elkhart|
*New provider training is by invitation only. Interested individuals are required to submit a résumé with a description of experience prior to registration and attendance. It is strongly recommended that individuals and agencies review the serious emotional disturbance experience and résumé requirements prior to submitting their résumé to ensure that the applicant meets the requirements. Only those meeting the serious emotional disturbance requirement will be approved. For information on becoming a provider, please refer to the CMHW provider reference materials.
Billing and claims for CMHW services
Providers needing assistance with CMHW claims issues should follow the steps outlined below:
- Contact Ken Guth of DXC at Ken.Guth@DXC.com. You will need to provide only the ICN/s (Individual Claim Number/s). ICN/s are unique, are not protected health information (PHI), and do not require secure email. (Any PHI must be sent in a HIPAA compliant manner.) With them, Mr. Guth will be able to look up the claim and investigate the reason/s for denial.
- Mr. Guth will either resolve the claim issue with the provider, or refer the provider to the DMHA database (Tobi) helpdesk.
- The provider will need to submit a ticket to the Tobi helpdesk using the instructions found here.
- When submitting the ticket, please include the ICN and any additional information from Mr. Guth.
- The Tobi helpdesk support team will work with the provider, DMHA, DXC, and the Wraparound Facilitator if necessary to resolve the issue.
Questions regarding this may be sent to the provider specialist at Julie.Bandy@fssa.in.gov.