Business and Community Engagement
Business engagement is the cornerstone for transitioning job seekers, including individuals with disabilities into today’s competitive workforce, promoting long-term economic stability, competitiveness, and growth.
Interaction between employers, Vocational Rehabilitation, and other workforce development and education organizations results in measurable improvement in desired outcomes for all parties. Engaging businesses is a key component in improving and increasing employment outcomes for people with disabilities.
Benefits to employers
A partnership with VR can meet the following business needs:
- Access to a new talent pool of qualified candidates for employment.
- Access to a team of employment specialists and VR counselors with knowledge and expertise regarding the employment needs of people with disabilities.
- Guidance and consultation regarding the Americans with Disabilities Act, accommodations, and accessibility.
- Disability awareness training and resources.
- Consultation regarding Section 503 compliance and tax incentives like Work Opportunity Tax Credit.
- Opportunities for collaboration with community colleges, local employment services programs and other organizations responsive to workforce needs of businesses.
- Creation of work experiences including internships and apprenticeships.