Project Search Internship
2016 Graduation Photo Gallery click here.
Project SEARCH is a worksite-based school-to-work program that provides employment and education opportunities for students with disabilities transitioning from high school. The program benefits employers by increasing workforce diversity and reducing recruitment and training costs. Many employers experience improved job retention, enhanced community image and increased customer satisfaction.
Project SEARCH originated at the Cincinnati Children's Medical Center and in Indiana is administered by FSSA’s Division of Disability and Rehabilitative Services under the Vocational Rehabilitation Services (VRS). Each Project Search site partners with Indiana Institute on Disability and Community, a host business, the affiliated school district(s), and a community service provider.
In the News
Project SEARCH (WRTV Indianapolis) Internships prepare kids with disabilities for success (9.17.2014)
Project Search Statewide Coordinator
Indiana University (IU)
Indiana Institute on Disability and Community (IIDC)
Center on Community Living and Careers
2853 East Tenth Street
Bloomington, IN 47408
Tel: 812-855-0741 / Fax: 812-855-9630
Current Project SEARCH sites in Indiana:
- Community Hospital East, Indianapolis, IN: Bruce Schnaith email@example.com
- Community Hospital North, Indianapolis, IN: Bruce Schnaith firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cook-Ivy Tech Young Adult Program, Bloomington, IN: Bitta DeWees email@example.com
- Deaconess Gateway Hospital, Newburgh, IN:Carolyn Miller Carolyn. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gibson General Hospital, Princeton, IN: Bailey Stan Keepes email@example.com
- Indiana Government Centers and Statehouse, Indianapolis, IN: Patti Sebanc firstname.lastname@example.org
- IU Health, LaPorte, IN: Kim Latchford email@example.com
- Memorial Hospital, South Bend, IN: Primary contact: Erica Rarick firstname.lastname@example.org
- St. Vincent Carmel Hospital, Carmel, IN: Deb Okotie email@example.com
- Union Hospital, Terre Haute, IN: Nichelle Washington NWASHINGTON@hamiltoncenter.org