Unified Training Systems
The Unified Training System established by the First Steps Early Intervention System, within FSSA/Bureau of Child Development in conjunction with the Department of Education/Division of Special Education was created to support:
- The statewide coordination of training activities related to young children.
- Greater access to learning opportunities for families and service providers.
- A more balanced and coordinated schedule of training activities in terms of topics, locations, and dates throughout the state available year round.
- Specialized training opportunities that bring together families and professionals from different fields, including early education and child care service providers.
- A Family Involvement Fund to support the participation of family members of young children with special needs at trainings, public forums, and task forces.