Info Agency Main Banner Content
DDRS Commissions & Councils
All PDFs on this page are 508 compliant.
- Board of Interpreter Services (BIS)
- Commission on Rehabilitation Services
- DDRS Advisory Council
- Indiana Interagency Autism Coordinating Council (IIACC)
- Indiana Statewide Independent Living Council
- Interagency Coordinating Council
- Board of Interpreter Standards
- 460 IAC Rule 2: Interpreter Standards for Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- 460 IAC Rule 3: Interpreter Standards for Deaf and Hard of Hearing
All meetings are held from 1 p.m. - 4 p.m. on the following dates: TBD
The Commission on Rehabilitation Services is the federally mandated state rehabilitation council, established in Section 105 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended by Title IV of the Workforce Investment and Opportunity Act (WIOA), and 34 CFR 361.16-361.17 of its implementing regulations. The Commission is comprised of a group of citizens appointed by the Governor representing the disability community.
The Commission works with the Bureau of Rehabilitation Services’ Vocational Rehabilitation Services (VR) on matters such as the effectiveness and customer satisfaction with the services provided to individuals participating in the VR program. The Commission is also involved in matters affecting VR policies and procedures, goals and priorities, and the State Plan.
- Commission by-laws
- Commission on Rehabilitation Services application
- Commission on Rehabilitation Services annual report for FFY 2018
- Commission on Rehabilitation Services annual report for FFY 2017
- Commission on Rehabilitation Services annual report for FFY 2016
- History and regulations
- Indiana's Commission on Rehabilitation Services flyer
- Meeting Dates:
- January 11, 2019 - Meeting location: BOSMA Enterprises 7225 Woodland Drive Indianapolis, IN 46278 from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- March 8, 2019 - Meeting location: BOSMA Enterprises 7225 Woodland Drive Indianapolis, IN 46278 from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- May 10, 2019 - Meeting location: BOSMA Enterprises 7225 Woodland Drive Indianapolis, IN 46278 from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- July 12, 2019 - Meeting location: BOSMA Enterprises 7225 Woodland Drive Indianapolis, IN 46278 from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- September 13, 2019 - Meeting location: BOSMA Enterprises 7225 Woodland Drive Indianapolis, IN 46278 from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- November 1, 2019 - Meeting location: BOSMA Enterprises 7225 Woodland Drive Indianapolis, IN 46278 from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
|Indiana Commission on Rehabilitation Services
c/o Vocational Rehabilitation Services (VR)
402 W. Washington St., MS - 20
P.O. Box 7083
Indianapolis, IN 46207-7083
The DDRS Advisory Council was established by IC 12-9-4 to assist the Division of Disability and Rehabilitative Services in ensuring individuals with disabilities are as independent and self-sufficient as possible. Please note that the following PDF files are Screen Reader Ready (508-compliant).
The IIACC’s primary mission is to “facilitate the efficient and effective exchange of information on autism-related activities among the member agencies, and to leverage resources and experiences to address common issues and outcomes, and to fill identified gaps. The committee will serve as a forum and assist in increasing public understanding of the member agencies’ activities, programs, policies and research, and in bringing important matters of interest forward for discussion.” In the current work, the IIACC serves as one essential forum and mechanism for information sharing as well as data driven decision making through review, discussion and problem solving informed by the data collected through a comprehensive and systematic process directed and overseen by the teams at HANDS in Autism ®.
- Annual report 2017-18
- Letter of support (12/09/2016)
- Indiana autism support gap analysis
- Letter of support
- Indiana autism support services gap analysis – brief report
- Indiana comprehensive state plan
All meetings are held at IGCS 402 W. Washington Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204
Questions regarding the Comprehensive State Plan for Individuals with ASD, the IIACC, ongoing needs assessment or gap analysis may be directed to the HANDS in Autism Interdisciplinary Training and Resource Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Interagency Coordinating Council for Infants and Toddlers with Disabilities (ICC), is the State’s federally mandated early intervention council, established in Section 641 of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) of 2004 and in 34 CFR 303.600 et seq. of its implementing regulations. The ICC is comprised of a group of First Steps parents, providers, and other stakeholders appointed by the Governor to represent the early intervention community. First Steps is Indiana’s Part C early intervention program under Part C of IDEA. First Steps is a program of the Bureau of Child Development Services, Division of Disability and Rehabilitative Services in the Indiana Family and Social Services Administration (FSSA).
The First Steps early intervention system also includes a network of local councils, known as Local Planning and Coordinating Councils, that operate similar to the ICC but on a local level. If you or someone you know is interested in participating in a local council, please contact First Steps at FirstStepsWeb@fssa.in.gov.
All meetings in 2019 will be held at Choices Coordinated Care Solutions: 7941 Castleway Drive, Indianapolis, IN 46250. Members of the public are encouraged to attend. Please contact Sue Dixon at email@example.com at least two weeks prior to the meeting date if special accommodations or interpretative services are needed.
To learn more about the ICC, click here to read the Governor’s Report presented on November 2018.
2019 meeting dates:
Meeting minutes (English):
Meeting minutes (Spanish):
- January 9, 2019
- November 14, 2018
- August 8, 2018
- May 9, 2018
- January 10, 2018
IDEA Part C (ECTAcenter.org)
IDEA Part C (ED.gov)