Long Term Care Transformation Project
Baby boomers – born 1946 to 1964 – are now age 52 to 70. By the year 2030, 71.5 million Americans will be over age 65 and by the year 2020, one in every five Hoosiers will be an older adult. The fastest growing segment of the population is those age 85 and over. Indiana must transform its long term care system to successfully meet the demands and address the challenges of these changing demographics.
Over the last two years, the Indiana Family and Social Services Administration’s (FSSA) Division of Aging (DA) and Office of Medicaid Policy and Planning (OMPP) worked closely with key stakeholders to examine challenges and potential ways to modernize the home and community-based services (HCBS) systems in Indiana. The state seeks to redesign the delivery of publicly-funded HCBS.
FSSA will continue this Long Term Care Transformation Project through the second half of 2017 to create a plan to make home- and community-based services more accessible, increase awareness of all long term care options, and improve the efficiency, effectiveness and quality of the long term care system in preparation for meeting these needs.
- Home- and Community - Based Services Report for public comment (10/02/2017)
- Indiana Long Term Care Transformation Project Report Update (09/07/2017)
- Indiana Long Term Care Transformation Web page update and survey (08/09/2017)
Home- and Community-Based Services Report
The stakeholder workgroup will offer feedback on long-term care transformation efforts. The DA will host a series of five meetings that will focus on core components in HCBS redesign. The series of meetings will engage a variety of persons receiving services, providers, provider associations and organizations representing persons receiving services to identify key opportunities for change in the HCBS delivery system.
The workgroup met five times between September 2017 and February 2018.
- October 2, 2017 - Minutes , PowerPoint
- November 6, 2017 - Minutes, PowerPoint
- December 4, 2017
- January 8, 2018 - Minutes , PowerPoint
- February 5, 2018 - Minutes, PowerPoint
Resources and Data
- AARP Long term Services and Supports State Scorecard
- Assisted living environmental scan
- Home- and Community-Based Services statewide transition plan
- House Enrolled Act 1391, Part II
- Indiana Assisted Living Data Report
- Indiana CHOICE Data Report
- Indiana Consumer Directed Care Data Report
- Indiana home- and community-based federal authority considerations
- Medicaid Home- and Community-Based Services Authority Comparison
- National core indicators aging and disabilities - adult consumer survey 2015-2016 Indiana results
- Public hearing comments
Please direct any comments or suggestions to DAComments@fssa.in.gov.