BusinessWorks: Veteran Recruitment
Placement & Recruiting
- Job-Ready, Qualified Referrals
- Indiana Career Connect
- Direct Referrals
- Verification of Veteran Status
Benefits for Employers
- Veteran Work Opportunity Tax Credit
- Up to $9,600 in tax credits per veteran
- Prescreening / Pretest
- On-the-job training
Your organization depends on reliable, resilient human capital. Veterans of America's armed forces have the skills, training, and character to meet your toughest challenges for today and tomorrow. That's why hiring veterans is not just about building goodwill. It's good business!
U.S. Department of Labor Veterans' Employment and Training Service
Top Ten Reasons to Hire Veterans and Wounded Warriors:
- Ability to learn new skills and concepts.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Flexibility to work strongly in teams or work independenlly.
- Diversity and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work efficiently and diligently in a fast-paced environment.
- Respect for procedures and accountability.
- Hands on experience with technology and globalization.
- Strong personal integrity.
- Strong sense of health, safety and property standards.
- Triumph over adversity.
Employer Resources for Veterans
- IN Department of Workforce Development-Veteran Services
- Veterans Hiring Toolkit for Employers
- Veterans' Employment and Training Services (VETS)
- Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA) Information
- Federal Contractors VETS 100/1 OOA Hiring Reporting