Community Health Worker Workgroup: October 2017 - present
Monday, Dec. 17, 2018, from 12:30 p.m. to 2 p.m.
Indiana Government Center South, Conference Rooms 1 & 2
Tuesday, July 10, 2018, from 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Indiana Government Center South, Conference Rooms 4+5
Review of Grandfathering Provisions in Other Indiana Occupation (Addiction Counselors)
Tuesday, June 5, 2018, from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Indiana State Department of Health - 5th Floor Training Room
Summary of 6-5-18 Discussion for CHW Regulatory Structure
Thursday, April 19, 2018, from 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Indiana Government Center South, Conference Rooms 1 and 2
CHW Workgroup Formal Competencies & Skills Recommendations to Governor's Health Workforce Council
CHW Regulatory Options: Facilitated Discussion Guide
Tuesday, Oct. 17, 2017, from 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Indiana State Department of Health, 3rd floor Yoho Board Room
Summary of 10-17-17 CHW Group Discussions
Background Research Reviewed: Nationally
- National Academy for State Health Policy module on state community health worker models
- Association of State and Territorial Health Officials (ASTHO) Report on CHW Training/Certification Standards
- Report on the Community Health Worker Core Consensus Project
- CDC: State Law Fact Sheet - A Summary of State Community Health Worker Laws
- National Community Health Worker Advocacy Survey
- Minnesota Summary of Results from a Statewide Survey of CHWs in Minnesota
- Texas Community Health Worker Evaluation Survey
Background Research Reviewed: In Indiana
- Affiliated Service Providers of Indiana (ASPIN) Community Health Worker Models
- Indiana Community Health Workers Association (INCHWA)
- Rebecca Adkins, Ascension
- Hannah Burney, Office of Medicaid Policy and Planning
- Kathy Cook, Affiliated Services Provider of Indiana
- Terry Cook, Division of Mental Health and Addiction
- Margarita Hart, Indiana Community Health Workers Association (INCHWA)
- Judy Hasselkus, Department of Workforce Development
- Laura Heinrich, Indiana State Department of Health
- Don Kelso, Indiana Rural Health Association
- Jennifer Long, Marion County Public Health Department
- Mary Anne Sloan, Ivy Tech
- Lisa Smith, Mental Health America of Northeast Indiana
- Lisa Staten, Richard M. Fairbanks School of Public Health
- Andrew VanZee, Indiana Hospital Association
- Carol Weiss-Kennedy, IU Health Bloomington