As of January 2014, Indiana has adopted a new High School Equivalency (HSE) test. An expert panel of representatives from the Indiana Department of Correction (DOC), the Indiana Department of Education (DOE) and DWD were involved in evaluating all proposals offered, culminating in the selection of CTB/McGraw-Hill's TASC Test. In addition, Ivy Tech and the Indiana Association of Adult and Continuing Education provided expert analysis of the available testing options.
Free HSE Testing for HIP Plus Members
DWD has partnered with Anthem BlueCross BlueShield to provide HIP Plus members with free vouchers that cover the cost of the Indiana HSE test. We encourage you to make an appointment with your local testing center within the next 30 days or sooner. Bring the voucher to your local testing center. You can find a testing center in your area by visiting Indiana.tasctest.com or by calling Anthem Member Services at 1-866-408-6131 (TTY 711). When you go to the testing center you should bring:
- The HSE voucher
- Valid proof of ID, such as valid driver’s license, valid passport, military IDs, or another form of government-issued (national or foreign) ID that shows name, address, date of birth, signature and photograph.
- If ID does not list your address, bring proof of residency. Examples include a utility bill, rental agreement, piece of mail or other similar form of proof that show you have lived in Indiana for at least 30 days.
The testing center will then enter a voucher code upon registration and Anthem Blue Cross BlueShield HIP Plus will cover all test costs.
Three webinars were held to discuss Anthem HIP and the HSE Vouchers. For detailed information about this initiative, watch any of these webinars through the links below. All three cover the same information, but may address different questions brought about by the participants.
- HSE Brochure
- HSE 2015 Returning Test Materials Webinar (March 3, 2015)
- HSE 2015 Self-Registration and Scheduling Webinar (February 27, 2015)
- HSE 2015 Computer-Based Testing Webinar (February 25, 2015)
- HSE 2015 Paper-Based Testing Training (February 12, 2015)
- HSE 2015 Online Registration and Scheduling Webinar (January 23, 2015)
- High School Equivalency Testing Policy
- TAB- Guidelines for Establishing a new HSE Testing Center
- High School Equivalency Notice (This item is meant to be shared with the public at the testing centers and ABE sites.)
Please check back here soon for training updates.
Additional Training Resources
HSE Test Coordinators need to view this recording prior to providing HSE Test administrations.
- Slidedeck for TASC Online Assessment System (OAS) Training
Equal Opportunity is the Law. Equal Opportunity Employer/Program Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.