What is the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)?
- First update to federal workforce law in 16 years
- Replaces the Workforce Investment Act
- Amends the Adult Education and Family Literacy Act, the Wagner-Peyser Act, and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
- Six year life - 2016 - 2020
- Most provisions effective July 1, 2015
Local Four-Year Plans
WIOA requires Workforce Development Boards (WDB), in partnership with the local chief elected official, to develop and submit a comprehensive four-year local plan to the state for approval. The plan must address current and future strategies and efficiencies to advance the continuing modernization of the workforce system and the creation of a customer-centered system. It must also support the strategy described in the State Plan and be consistent with the State Plan.
WIOA Performance Support Grant
- WIOA Performance Support Grant RFA (2019)
- WIOA Performance Support Grant RFA-Attachment A Cover Sheet (2019)
- WIOA Performance Support Grant-Budget Template (2019)
- WIOA Performance Support Grant Question Matrix (2019)
- State Plan
- WIOA Enrolled Act
- Final Regulations
- Implementation Guidance from USDOL
- USDOL Frequently Asked Questions
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or for more information.