Welcome to DOR's Appointments page! You can now visit most DOR offices without an appointment, however, for quicker service an appointment is recommended.
Masks are now required in all DOR locations.
Customers may now schedule and appointment at:
- Motor Carrier Services in Indianapolis.
- At the following District Office locations: Bloomington, Clarksville, Columbus, Evansville, Fort Wayne, Kokomo, Lafayette, Merrillville, Muncie, South Bend and Terre Haute.
- Indiana Government Center North, Indianapolis location in Indianapolis
Please note that walk-up customers may experience longer than expected wait times.
Save a trip by calling us first!
Nearly all issues can be addressed by a simple phone call to our customer service experts. Customers are strongly encouraged to call DOR customer service before making an appointment, to see if their question(s) can be answered.To find a DOR office near you, visit our District Office web page.
District Office Appointment Procedures
For in-person appointments at DOR District Offices, customers will need to check in with the DOR representative in the lobby at their appointed time. Masks are required for all customers during their appointment. Visits should be limited to one person per appointment, if possible.
Indianapolis Office Appointment Procedures
For appointments at the Indiana Government Center North Indianapolis office, customers should arrive before their appointed time to allow extra time to get through security at the public entrances. Customers will check in with a DOR representative in the lobby. Seating within the lobby will be limited to adhere to social distancing guidelines. Masks are required for all customers during their appointment. Visits should be limited to one person per appointment, if possible.
Motor Carrier Services Appointment Procedures
Appointments at the MCS Customer Service Center are required to open new IRP or IFTA accounts. Schedule an appointment online or by calling 317-615-7200, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. EST. Walk-in service for other motor carrier transactions is available during normal business hours.
Customers should arrive by their appointed time, with all necessary documentation. Visits should be limited to one person and one account per appointment, if possible.
When customers arrive for their scheduled appointment, they should call the telephone number of the door and wait to be escorted into the building. Masks are required for all customers during their appointment. Visits should be limited to one person and one account per appointment, if possible.
To Schedule an Appointment
If customers are unable to answer their questions using DOR's website or if the service needed is not available by calling the customer service team, they can schedule an in-person appointment online through our appointment system or calling the DOR District Office directly.
Hours of Operation
All DOR offices are open from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., local time, except for state holidays.
Ensuring Employee and Customer Safety
To ensure the safety of both the customer and employee during all in-person appointments and in accordance with the Indiana State Department of Health’s guidelines, DOR has implemented the following:
- All DOR locations with in-person customer service will have a glass or plastic partition between the customer and employee.
- Where possible, only every other customer service terminal will be in use to allow social distancing.
- Hand sanitizer will be available to both employees and customers.
- Employees will wear masks.
- Customers are required to wear masks throughout the appointment.
- Appointments are limited to one person per appointment, when possible.
Before arriving for an in-person appointment, customers should perform a self-assessment by answering the following questions:
- Have you had close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 14 days?
- Are you currently ill? Do you have symptoms of a cold, cough or shortness of breath?
- Do you currently have a fever or have you had a fever within the past week?
If you answer "yes" to any of these questions, you should go home and contact your healthcare provider.