Welcome to DOR appointments!
You can now visit most DOR offices without an appointment; however, an appointment is recommended for quicker service. Due to staffing constraints, appointments may be required on certain days. Check in on your local district office before you visit.
Masks are optional; however, in accordance with local regulations, masks may be required for all customers regardless of vaccination status.
Customers may now schedule an appointment at:
- Motor Carrier Services in Indianapolis: Customers must select the Motor Carrier Services (MCS) location when making an appointment to open new IRP or IFTA accounts. Walk-in service for other motor carrier transactions is available during normal business hours.
- Motor carrier customers should not visit district offices or the Indiana Government Center location for MCS-related needs. The MCS location does not offer individual income, corporate, or business tax assistance.
- District Office locations: Bloomington, Clarksville, Columbus, Evansville, Fort Wayne, Kokomo, Lafayette, Merrillville, Muncie, South Bend and Terre Haute.
- Indiana Government Center North in Indianapolis.
Note: Walk-up customers may experience longer than expected wait times.
Save a trip! Check out these options first:
- Check our website for any Frequently Asked Questions that may be available for the topic or issue you are looking to address.
- Securely message DOR Customer Service by signing in and submitting a question on INTIME from the "Messages" section under the "All Actions” tab.
District Office Appointments
For in-person appointments at DOR District Offices, customers will need to check in with the DOR representative in the lobby at their appointed time.
Indianapolis Office Appointments
For appointments at the Indiana Government Center North Indianapolis office, customers should arrive before their appointed time to allow extra time to get through security at the public entrances. Customers will check in with a DOR representative in the lobby. Seating within the lobby will be limited to adhere to social distancing guidelines.
Motor Carrier Services Appointments
Appointments at the MCS Customer Service Center are required to open new IRP or IFTA accounts. Schedule an appointment online or by calling 317-615-7200, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m. ET. Walk-in service for other motor carrier transactions is available during normal business hours.
Customers should arrive by their appointed time, with all necessary documentation. Visits should be limited to one person and one account per appointment, if possible.
IRP and BPR transactions must be conducted electronically. See more information.
Schedule an Appointment
If customers are unable to answer their questions using DOR's website or if the service needed is not available by calling the customer service team, they can schedule an in-person appointment online through our appointment system or calling the DOR District Office directly. Customers must select DOR’s Motor Carrier Services (MCS) location when making an appointment to open new IRP or IFTA accounts. Our Indianapolis location or district offices will not be able to assist you.
Hours of Operation
All DOR offices are open from 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., local time, except for state holidays.
Ensuring Employee and Customer Safety
To ensure customer and employee safety during all in-person appointments, and in accordance with local guidelines, DOR has implemented the following:
- All DOR locations with in-person customer service will have a glass or plastic partition between the customer and employee.
- Where possible, only every other customer service terminal will be in use to allow social distancing.
- Hand sanitizer will be available to both employees and customers.
If you answer "yes" to any of the following questions, you should not show up for an in-person appointment and contact your healthcare provider:
- Have you had close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 14 days?
- Are you currently ill? Do you have cold symptom, a cough, or shortness of breath?
- Do you currently have a fever or have you had a fever within the past seven days?