Welcome to DOR's Appointments page! You can now visit most DOR offices without an appointment; however, an appointment is recommended for quicker service. Due to staffing constraints, appointments may be required on certain days. Check for information on your local district office before you visit.
Masks are required for unvaccinated individuals. Masks may be required for all customers, regardless of vaccination status, in accordance with local regulations.
Customers may now schedule an appointment at:
- Motor Carrier Services in Indianapolis: Customers must select the Motor Carrier Services (MCS) location when making an appointment to open new IRP or IFTA accounts*. Walk-in service for other motor carrier transactions** is available during normal business hours.
- District Office locations: Bloomington, Clarksville, Columbus, Evansville, Fort Wayne, Kokomo, Lafayette, Merrillville, Muncie, South Bend and Terre Haute.
- Indiana Government Center North in Indianapolis.
Please note that walk-up customers may experience longer than expected wait times.
*Motor carrier customers should not visit district offices or the Indiana Government Center location for MCS-related needs.
**Our MCS location does not offer individual income, corporate or business tax assistance.
Save a trip…check out these options first!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Be sure to check our website for any Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) that may be available for the topic or issue you are looking to address.
Secure Messaging with Customer Service via INTIME
Sign in to INTIME to submit a question or get your issue resolved easily and efficiently. Secure messaging with DOR Customer Service is available by selecting the “All Actions” tab followed by clicking on the “Messages” section.
District Office Appointment Procedures
For in-person appointments at DOR District Offices, customers will need to check in with the DOR representative in the lobby at their appointed time.
Indianapolis Office Appointment Procedures
For appointments at the Indiana Government Center North Indianapolis office, customers should arrive before their appointed time to allow extra time to get through security at the public entrances. Customers will check in with a DOR representative in the lobby. Seating within the lobby will be limited to adhere to social distancing guidelines.
Motor Carrier Services Appointment Procedures
Appointments at the MCS Customer Service Center are required to open new IRP or IFTA accounts. Schedule an appointment online or by calling 317-615-7200, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m. ET. Walk-in service for other motor carrier transactions is available during normal business hours.
Customers should arrive by their appointed time, with all necessary documentation. Visits should be limited to one person and one account per appointment, if possible.
IRP and BPR transactions must be conducted electronically. See more information.
To Schedule an Appointment
If customers are unable to answer their questions using DOR's website or if the service needed is not available by calling the customer service team, they can schedule an in-person appointment online through our appointment system or calling the DOR District Office directly. Customers must select DOR’s Motor Carrier Services (MCS) location when making an appointment to open new IRP or IFTA accounts. Our Indianapolis location or district offices will not be able to assist you.
Hours of Operation
All DOR offices are open from 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m., local time, except for state holidays.
Ensuring Employee and Customer Safety
To ensure the safety of both the customer and employee during all in-person appointments and in accordance with local guidelines, DOR has implemented the following:
- All DOR locations with in-person customer service will have a glass or plastic partition between the customer and employee.
- Where possible, only every other customer service terminal will be in use to allow social distancing.
- Hand sanitizer will be available to both employees and customers.
Before arriving for an in-person appointment, customers should perform a self-assessment by answering the following questions:
- Have you had close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 14 days?
- Are you currently ill? Do you have symptoms of a cold, cough or shortness of breath?
- Do you currently have a fever or have you had a fever within the past week?
If you answer "yes" to any of these questions, you should go home and contact your healthcare provider.