Business and Corporate Customers
Need help with your business or corporate tax account? For the quickest service, visit our new online portal, INTIME, to send a secure message by selecting the “All Actions” tab followed by clicking on the “Messages” section.
You can also find information on filing and paying, setting up a payment plan, registering a business, closing a business, viewing balances due and requesting a refund.
Having issues filing and paying via INtax?
To continue to file returns and pay sales and withholding tax obligations, all business customers must migrate their INtax accounts to INTIME. The deadline to submit withholding returns (WH-1, WH-3) is Feb. 1, 2021.
Access these resources to help with your transition to INTIME:
Our phone lines are currently experiencing long wait times. If possible, use the INTIME messaging system above. If you must speak with customer service, you may call 317-232-2240, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. EST.
We do not recommend contacting us by email if you need to include personal information to get your issue resolved. DO NOT include Social Security Number, date of birth or bank account numbers. Instead, use the INTIME messaging center to send secure messages. To do so, log in to INTIME and send your inquiry to DOR customer service by selecting the “All Actions” tab and then locating the “Messages” section. Click on “Send a message” and then follow the prompts to select the account for which you have questions and submit your inquiry.
Individual Income Tax Customers
Individual Income Tax Customers have several options to contact DOR. The easiest option is to email us directly. We do not recommend contacting us by email if you need to include personal information to get your issue resolved. DO NOT include Social Security Number, date of birth or bank account numbers
- If you need to mail us please check out our list of P.O. Boxes
Contact Us By Phone:
- Please note: we are currently experiencing long wait times, for the fastest service take advantage of our online services or contact us via the email above.
- Individual Income Tax: (317) 232-2240 Available 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. EST
- Filing your taxes, INfreefile, Refund status
- Payment Services: (317) 232-2240
- Refund or Collection/Liability Status (Automated): (317) 232-2240
- Taxpayer Advocate Office:(317) 232-4692
- The TAO helps customers resolve issues that have not been settled through other DOR programs and is a final resource to resolve the issue.
Motor Carrier Services Customers
Motor Carrier Services Customers can contact this division at (317) 615-7200 or at the phone numbers and emails provided on this list. Appointments are required to open new IRP or IFTA accounts through Motor Carrier Services. Appointments are preferred but are not required for other in-person services.
All other DOR customer walk-in centers are open for in-person assistance. Appointments are highly recommended for reduced wait times.
Additional by E-mail Options
Order Tax Forms and Publications
- By Phone: (317) 615-2581 → Leave order on voice mail, available 24 hours
Receive Agency Announcements from DOR
Sign Up Here.
Other Areas Administered by DOR:
- Employment Agency Licensing: (317) 232-5977
- Letter of Good Standing: (317) 232-5977
- Motor Fuel Hotline: (317) 615-2630
- Report illegal users of dyed fuel
- Electronic Funds Transfer: (317) 232-5500
- Investigations: (317) 232-3376
- Warrant Division: (317) 232-2240
- Legal: (317) 232-2100
- Bankruptcy Section: (317) 232-2289