The Indiana Department of Revenue (DOR) has been serving Indiana and its diverse population and business community since 1947.
DOR’s more than 700 dedicated team members administer over 65 different tax types and annually process nearly $21 billion of tax revenue including:
- Processing millions of tax returns
- Handling pieces of correspondence and phone calls for hundreds of thousands of Hoosiers
- Completing thousands of diverse audits
- Addressing tax protest and legal issues
- Managing state and federal registrations and fuel tax filings to nearly 25% of all semi-trucks and trailers on the road in the United States through our Motor Carrier Services department
- Working in-person with individuals, business owners, tax preparers and a variety of stakeholders
Our Mission & Vision
To be recognized as the premier tax administrator in the nation and a great place to work.
To serve Indiana by administering tax laws in a fair, secure and efficient manner.
Our Core Values
In conjunction with DOR’s journey to cultivate a healthy organizational culture, DOR has identified seven core values, listed below:
- Continuous Improvement
These values are utilized in DOR’s recruiting, onboarding, training and performance management systems. They are also key components of our employee recognition and reward programs. You can read the mission and vision along with viewing the Pyramid of Excellence above.
Our Strategic Anchors
Everything is about our team members. They are the reason we are, and will continue to be, successful.
We have a passionate, obsessive, almost radical commitment to customer service and making it easy to do business with us.
Accuracy is paramount to everything we do. Efficiency and continuous improvement are the foundations to our long-term success.