INTIME Launches in Less Than One Month—What That Means For You
By Michelle Cain
August 7, 2019
Some of you may be wondering what in the world is INTIME? Well don’t worry, we will give you all the details on INTIME, Project NextDOR and ITS. We know that’s a lot of acronyms and new program names. Don’t stress, we’re here to help you navigate all of our new and exciting programs and systems.
First, what are Project NextDOR, ITS and INTIME?
Project NextDOR is DOR’s four-year modernization of Indiana’s tax processing system, and will feature two primary new systems:
- Indiana Tax System (ITS)—DOR’s new internal tax processing software, replacing outdated technology to enable more efficient operations and service offerings.
- Indiana’s Taxpayer Information Management Engine (INTIME)—DOR’s new, 24/7, self-service e-portal enabling businesses and individuals to view account information and correspondence online, register tax accounts, file and pay their taxes online.
DOR has spent the last two years building the foundation for Project NextDOR’s implementation, which consists of four separate rollouts covering specific tax types over the next four years. Rollout 1 launches on September 3, 2019.
Why is this project important?
Indiana’s current tax processing system has been in place for roughly 25 years. While the current system has served us well, it’s time to upgrade to stay current with the latest technology and ensure we can provide the best customer experience possible. Simple requests, such as access to tax transcripts, are not possible with the current software. However, INTIME will provide customers with real-time access to basic information and fewer roadblocks, bringing Indiana into the modern era of revenue services.
What are some of the key features of ITS upon completion?
- Enhanced online customer portal, INTIME, to allow Hoosiers to view past payments and returns.
- Electronic filing of tax returns and payments that are currently submitted via paper.
- Ability to file amended returns electronically.
- Validation and transparency of revenue disbursements and reporting to local units of government.
Want to learn more? Check out our website at ProjectNextDOR.dor.in.gov.