January 17, 2018
Did you know you may qualify to prepare your taxes for free this year? While preparing your information for your taxes, consider using Indiana freefile (INfreefile) to file your federal and state income taxes online at no-cost.
Hoosiers with an adjusted gross income (AGI) of $66,000 or less may qualify to file for the INfreefile program. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to use certified vendor software that people pay to use, for free.
Interested in learning more about the program and saving some money? Follow these steps to get started!
- Visit www.freefile.dor.in.gov to compare vendors and see if you qualify for one of the vendor offers. (Be sure to access the vendor from this website to ensure no-cost filing.)
- If you qualify, click on the vendor of your choice.
- Complete your state and federal income tax returns online – for FREE.
It’s that simple. Electronic filing such as the INfreefile program, offers many convenient benefits including:
- Faster refunds – Returns filed online are processed faster than paper returns
- More secure – Your personal information will be in the hands of fewer people
- More accurate – Electronic returns have a 2 percent error rate versus 20 percent for paper returns
So what are you waiting for? Check out the INfreefile program today to see if you qualify to file your taxes for free this tax season.