Get ready: Tax season is coming!
December 20, 2017
Tax season is just around the corner. Are you dreading it or trying not to think about it at all? Don’t let the thought of filing taxes overwhelm you.
We have some tips to help you prepare:
- Know the dates! Remember, paying taxes is required by law for anyone who makes more than $1,000 in a year.
- File your taxes electronically. Filing electronically is the most convenient option for many taxpayers. There are many benefits to filing taxes electronically, including faster refunds, increased security and fewer errors.
- File online for free. Millions of Hoosiers qualify to file their federal and state taxes online for free using Indiana Free File. Compare vendor offers and see if you qualify on the INfreefile website.
- Assistance for senior citizens. If you are a senior citizen looking for assistance with preparing your individual income taxes, there are organizations available to help.
- Stay informed about Indiana credits and deductions. Be in the know about Indiana’s many credits and deductions. You can find a list of Indiana’s tax credits and Indiana’s tax deductions on the DOR website.
If you need assistance this season, the Indiana Department of Revenue is available to help. You may call us at 317-232-2240, Monday through Friday 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., EST.