2014 Tax Season Offers Free, Online Federal and State Tax Filing
Jan. 31, 2014 – TaxTalk Blog
Tax season officially begins today! While weighing your tax filing options, consider the department’s free and easy filing service called Indiana free file (INfreefile).
Starting today Jan. 31, the department again offers INfreefile for qualified taxpayers to file both their federal AND state taxes online, for free. Taxpayers with an adjusted gross income (AGI) of $58,000 or less will qualify for this convenient program.
Last year, more than 119,000 taxpayers used INfreefile to file their Indiana taxes. However, nearly 1 million Hoosier taxpayers qualify to file taxes for free through INfreefile.
So, how can you use INfreefile this tax season?
- Visit www.freefile.dor.in.gov to see if you qualify for INfreefile based on the vendors’ options.
- If qualified, click the vendor of your choice.
- Complete the tax return online.
Really, it’s that easy. And if a free and easy tax season doesn’t sway your filing decision, consider the other benefits of INfreefile:
- Faster refunds—e-filers receive their refunds much faster, in 10 to 14 days. Paper filing can take 10 to 12 weeks.
- Get more or owe less— e-filing software may suggest credits and deductions you might not have known about.
- Better accuracy— electronic returns have a 2 percent error rate versus 20 percent for paper returns.
- Electronic banking—INfreefile provides the added convenience of direct deposit for refunds and direct debit for payment of tax owed.
- Efficient—taxpayers can file federal AND state returns together.
- Convenient —INfreefile is available online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Start your tax return today at www.freefile.dor.in.gov.
If you would like to submit a question or topic suggestions, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
- What Do Our District Offices Do?
August 02, 2017
Tax issues can seem daunting and generate many questions. Sometimes customers want to discuss concerns and get answers in-person. Read more...
- Filing Past Year Tax Returns
July 27, 2017
Are you worried about not filing a past year tax return? Stop worrying and take action. Read more...
- Reading Your Tax Bill
July 05, 2017
- Fireworks Public Safety Fee in Indiana
June 21, 2017
- Join Us for the Annual Public Hearing
June 07, 2017
- Estimated Tax Series Part 3: How to Pay Esitmated Taxes
May 31, 2017
- How to Open and Close a Business
May 10, 2017