Annual Filers: Electronically file taxes due for 2013
Nov. 12, 2013 – TaxTalk Blog
Last year, the Indiana General Assembly passed a law that required all sales and withholding tax returns to be filed and paid electronically.
This includes the more than 40,000 annual filers who file once a year. For annual filers, this means that the sales and withholding taxes due in January for the year 2013 are required to be filed electronically through either a third-party vendor or INtax.
Businesses must either file and pay electronically or request an exemption. They can file and pay electronically by using either a third-party vendor or INtax. With the INtax online filing and payment system, businesses can easily and quickly file and pay sales and withholding taxes.
With INtax, businesses can do many things, including:
- Access past filings and payments 24/7
- Submit timely payments by electronic check or credit card
- Manage most business tax accounts from one convenient and secure application
To get started with INtax, visit www.intax.in.gov. If your business needs assistance with registering in INtax, call the department’s special INtax Hotline at (317) 232-2337 during regular business hours (8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.), Monday through Friday.
If you are not able to file and pay your taxes electronically, see if you qualify for an exemption from this requirement by completing and submitting a Business Exemption Form (BT-EX). The department will only mail coupons to those who have an exemption.
You may qualify for an exemption to this e-mandate if:
- Your organization’s policy does not allow for electronic filing and/or paying
- You do not have access to the Internet
- You are unable to electronically file or pay because of religious beliefs
The department understands not everyone can follow this e-mandate, but it is important that you complete and submit the BT-EX as soon as possible. To request the BT-EX, call (317) 232-2337.
For more information about the e-mandate, visit www.in.gov/dor/4336.htm.
If you would like to submit a question or topic suggestions, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
- What Do Our District Offices Do?
August 02, 2017
Tax issues can seem daunting and generate many questions. Sometimes customers want to discuss concerns and get answers in-person. Read more...
- Filing Past Year Tax Returns
July 27, 2017
Are you worried about not filing a past year tax return? Stop worrying and take action. Read more...
- Reading Your Tax Bill
July 05, 2017
- Fireworks Public Safety Fee in Indiana
June 21, 2017
- Join Us for the Annual Public Hearing
June 07, 2017
- Estimated Tax Series Part 3: How to Pay Estimated Taxes
May 31, 2017
- How to Open and Close a Business
May 10, 2017