Indiana Motor Carrier Services
Commercial motor vehicles travel more than 9.5 billion miles in Indiana each year. The movement of these vehicles impacts the safety conditions and traffic patterns of Indiana’s roads, as well as the physical demands placed on them. These roads play a large role in Indiana’s economic success.
The Motor Carrier Service (MCS) of the Indiana Department of Revenue seeks to provide guidance and service to motor-carrier companies, commercial drivers, and residents by providing:
- Information for new and returning MCS customers
- Resources that include weather conditions, frequently asked questions, etc.
- Up-to-date notices
- State and federal laws that govern those who travel through Indiana
- Online applications to stay compliant
MCS oversees many areas that affect the commercial transportation industry, such as:
- International Fuel Tax Agreement
- International Registration Plan
- Oversize/Overweight Vehicle Permitting
- Unified Carrier Registration
- USDOT Numbers