If a load needs to be crated for protection, a letter must be faxed to Motor Carrier Services at (317) 615-7241 with the following information:
- The crate’s contents. (Must specify exactly what is in the crate.)
- The reason it needs to be crated.
- The dimensions of the load itself. (This should include the height, length, width, and weight.)
- The dimensions of the load after it is crated. (This should include the height, length, width, and weight of the piece including the crate to determine how much dimension is being added by the crate.)
- The type of crate being used.