Close Menu

Main Content

Undetermined Business Type

If you are unsure of  which business type your business is considered, consult a lawyer or contact the nearest Indiana Small Business Development Center.

The Indiana Secretary of State also may be able to assist you. Sole proprietors and general partnerships do not have to file with the Secretary of State. However, limited liability companies, corporations, limited liability partnerships, limited partnerships and other formally organized companies must register with the Secretary of State.

Indiana Secretary of State
Business Services Division
302 W. Washington St., Rm E018
Indianapolis, IN 46204
(317) 232-6576

The Indiana Department of Revenue (DOR) provides brief explanations and some business examples of:

Additional Resources

News and FAQs

Latest News

Click here to view more events

Top FAQs