2016 Drive Now TXT L8R Winners
Congratulations to Our 2016 Winners!
Our 2016 Drive Now TXT L8R scholarship winners with Indiana State Police Superintendent Douglas G. Carter.
During Distracted Driving Awareness Month in April, Indiana students posted hundreds of tweets, photos, videos, and more, spreading the #TXTL8RIN message and encouraging their peers to be safe behind the wheel. Staff from the Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles, Indiana Criminal Justice Institute, Indiana Department of Labor, Indiana Department of Transportation, and Indiana State Police joined in a campaign committee to review and select the most creative entries.
For the 2016 campaign, 11 young Hoosiers were selected for their hardwork and creativity in their photo and video posts. Within the month of April, the #TXTL8RIN campaign reached over 600,000 individuals on social media through Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vine, and more. Winners received up to $5,000 prizes into their CollegeChoice529 savings plans to help them during their post-secondary education. Their creative work has reminded not just Hoosiers, but drivers across the country that it's critical they drive now and text later.
Our 11 winners were all invited to the Indiana State House to meet with Indiana State Police Superintendent Douglas G. Carter for an awards ceremony celebrating their achievements.
HIGH SCHOOL DIVISION
1. Most Creative Photo, High School Division
- Audrey Boudreau from Benton Central Jr/Sr High School - Entry
2. Most Creative Video, High School Division
- Melanie Harrold, Kayleena Venditto, Cris Robinson and Grant Stetler from Columbia City High School - Entry
3. Most Creative Video, High School Division
- Emily Ann Poe from Kankakee Valley High School - Entry
4. Most Creative Photo, College Division
- Alexander Eib from Purdue University - Entry
5. Most Creative Video, College Division
- Jordan Hersey, Katie Oswalt, Aaron Giltner and Matt Neff from Huntington Univerisity - Entry
- Free INSafe Consultation Request
- File an IOSHA Complaint
- Online Wage Claim Form
- Child Labor Online Work Permit System
- Report Hospitalizations/Amputations/Loss of eye to IOSHA
- IOSHA Whistleblower Protection Online Complaint Form
- Customer Satisfaction Survey
- More IN.gov Online Services
- IN.gov Subscriber Center