Preventing Falls Through Skylights (Also available in Spanish)
“Everybody seems to think that we’re invincible. At least I used to think that.”
OHB’s California Fatality Assessment and Control Evaluation (CA/FACE) program produced a five-minute digital story with two of Joe’s co-workers highlighting the events that led up to his death and what could have been done to prevent it. The moving video will be used by roofers and others in trainings to prevent similar fatalities from occurring.
- OSHA Campaign Flyer – English; Spanish (Español)
- Fall Prevention Fact Sheet - English; Spanish (Español); Polish (Polski); Russian (русский)
- “Safety Pays. Falls Cost” sticker to put on hardhats and equipment. To order call OSHA’s Office of Communications at (202) 693-1999 or visit OSHA’s Publications page.
- CPWR Toolbox Talks — Preventing Falls From Roofs
- Focus Four Toolbox Talks – Falls Through Skylights and Holes
- If You Work On A Roof…You Could Be In Great Danger – a handout with illustrations for residential workers on how to work safely on roofs. English; Spanish (Español)
- Homeowners’ Flyer - a handout developed by campaign partners to educate homeowners of some questions they should ask prospective contractors when having work done on a roof. Also, the National Roofing Contractors Association, a founding partner of the campaign, has developed extensive information on selecting qualified and safety minded roofing contractors. English; Spanish (Español)
- Having Work Done On Your Roof? Ask Your Contractor to Play it Safe – a handout to educate homeowners from MA FACE
Spot The Hazard
Spot the Hazard is a new product available from the Campaign to Prevent Falls in Construction, to be used as a training activity. It is available in either handout form or via PowerPoint.
- Spot The Hazard – Roofs 1
- Spot The Hazard – Roofs 2
- Spot The Hazard – Roofs 3
- Spot The Hazard – Roofs 4
CPWR Construction Solutions